Defence Minister Willie O’Dea demonstrated his usual facility for vulgar abuse in his recent attack on Enda Kenny, following the opposition leader’s critique of Brian Cowen’s performance as Taoiseach in his first 100 days.
We’ll have to await the return of the Dail to see what the Grumbleboor of Tullamore will pull out of the hat to silence his growing band of critics.
It will hardly be a dove, too symbolic of peace for a man who clearly prefers aggression, but let’s hope it’s not just that tired old white rabbit named Willie.
Footnote: Published as a letter in the Irish Times. I can't believe it!
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- It's time to declutter the Olympics.
- Rugby ELVs & Lansdowne 10-year Tickets
- Willie O'Dea & the Temple of Gloom
- Bush & Co in the Kremlin
- 3rd Level Fees - who should pay?
- The passing of Ronnie Drew
- A pet is for life.
- Russian invasion of Georgia - questions for Irelan...
- Are you watering your lawn?
- Gordon Brown - rewrote "loyalty to leader" rules.
- Brian Cowen - the Lisbon impasse!
- ▼ August (11)
- ► 2007 (215)
- ► 2006 (265)