Out of curiosity, I looked up the last published accounts of the 3 main banks AIB, Anglo & BOI to see how the main men involved there might be suffering financially from the catastrophic collapse of the share prices of their banks.
Anglo - only issued preliminary accounts for y/e 30/9/08, the last published full set of Annual Accounts was for the year ended 30th September 2007
At that date, Chairman Sean Fitzpatrick owned 4.5m shares, which would have been worth €75m+ at their peak price.
Chief Executive David Drumm owned 511k shares, worth €8.5m+ at peak, and had 1.2m share options.
All the above are probably worthless now.
AIB – last published accounts are for year ended 31st December 2007.
At that date, Chief Exec Eugene Sheehy owned 256k shares, worth c. €6m at their peak price. Today they’re worth about €250k.
In addition, Sheehy had 120k share options and a further 251k in a Long Term Incentive Plan scheme – all of these are presumably so far under water that they’re worthless.
BOI – last published accounts are for year ended 31st March 2008.
At that date, Chief Exec Brian Goggin owned 600k shares, worth c. €11m at their peak price. Today they’re worth c. €360k.
In addition, Goggin had 398k share options and a further 402k shares in a Long Term Incentive Plan scheme. All these are now probably worthless.
None of these guys will be on the breadline, but at least they will all have taken a very serious hit to their personal wealth, never mind their reputations.
It’s appropriate that they should be sharing our financial pain.
It may make you feel a little better.
- ► 2010 (44)
- A dog's life?
- Reviewers differ and diners scratch their heads.
- Social Partnership process - will we get real refo...
- Should Queen Elizabeth visit Ireland?
- Gormley finally sees the light on bulbs.
- Spare a thought for the poor bankers.
- David Bellamy - Global warming debunker
- Reform of Oireachtas allowance/expense regime.
- Economists - the new media terrorists?
- Challenges to Public Sector Reform
- The never-ending Middle-East conflict.
- A Kiwi view of Munster v. All Blacks
- The Indo subverting the Oireachtas?
- Shane Ross to lead bank shareholder revolt
- Launching the Corkage campaign
- David Begg is General Secretary of the Irish Co...
- Israel's objective in current Gaza conflict?
- Leadership - not always alpha
- ▼ January (18)
- ► 2008 (100)
- ► 2007 (215)
- ► 2006 (265)