In a letter published in yesterday’s Irish Times, Senator David Norris highlighted the irony of President Bush lecturing the Russians that “bullying and intimidation are not acceptable ways to conduct foreign policy”, with regard to that country's actions in Georgia.
It doesn’t require any great leap of the imagination to see Messrs Bushkin, Cheynedvedev and Rumsfeldski acting and talking tough from the Kremlin, ably represented at the UN by Ambassador Boltonov.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- It's time to declutter the Olympics.
- Rugby ELVs & Lansdowne 10-year Tickets
- Willie O'Dea & the Temple of Gloom
- Bush & Co in the Kremlin
- 3rd Level Fees - who should pay?
- The passing of Ronnie Drew
- A pet is for life.
- Russian invasion of Georgia - questions for Ireland
- Are you watering your lawn?
- Gordon Brown - rewrote "loyalty to leader" rules.
- Brian Cowen - the Lisbon impasse!
- ▼ August (11)
- ► 2007 (215)
- ► 2006 (265)