Saturday, January 31, 2009
A dog's life?
There's a good , if somewhat poncey, restaurant called La Petite Maison in Nice.
We ate there and the wife was horrified when the "madame", who directs the action like a circus ringmaster, actually kissed the little pooch carried by a regular customer.
The following day, I spotted on the outside corner of the premises this charming little feature - a "dogs-bar". So at least the fondness for dogs appears to be long-standing and genuine.
- ► 2010 (44)
- A dog's life?
- Reviewers differ and diners scratch their heads.
- Social Partnership process - will we get real reform?
- Should Queen Elizabeth visit Ireland?
- Gormley finally sees the light on bulbs.
- Spare a thought for the poor bankers.
- David Bellamy - Global warming debunker
- Reform of Oireachtas allowance/expense regime.
- Economists - the new media terrorists?
- Challenges to Public Sector Reform
- The never-ending Middle-East conflict.
- A Kiwi view of Munster v. All Blacks
- The Indo subverting the Oireachtas?
- Shane Ross to lead bank shareholder revolt
- Launching the Corkage campaign
- David Begg is General Secretary of the Irish Co...
- Israel's objective in current Gaza conflict?
- Leadership - not always alpha
- ▼ January (18)
- ► 2008 (100)
- ► 2007 (215)
- ► 2006 (265)