If the relevant Government Minister should be a champion for Irish as a living, vibrant language, could you choose a worse representative than Eamon O’Cuiv?
The man is a throwback to the 19th century Victorian era.
He has always seemed to be about 30 years older than his calendar age in demeanour and dress. His speech, both in tone and content, is dull and pedantic lawyer-speak. I don't know him but he gives every impression of being a charisma-free zone.
One must assume that it’s only Fianna Fail loyalty to the de Valera lineage that has him in the Dail.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (100)
- ► 2007 (215)
- Constituency Work
- Colour blindness
- The curse of Emmerdale
- The Poet's Rebellion
- Lie down with dogs and you'll get up with fleas.
- Who guards the guards?
- Trouble at Mass
- How to dismantle a time-bomb?
- How the Rising and Casement fell victim to Murphy'...
- Teacher Union Amalgamation?
- Promoting the Irish language?
- 1916 Proclamation
- Grand National Blues
- Ryanair's Fear of Flying
- Crocodile Tears?
- Save the whale?
- Crap advertising advertising crap
- ▼ April (17)