Aired by Pat Kenny on RTE radio today:
Ref your earlier discussion about Aer Lingus/Ryanair average fares. Those cheap Ryanair flights look great on paper, until you factor in all the incidental costs. The wife and I are just back from 5 nights in Biarritz, which all began with a bargain Ryanair booking - 4 x1c each way Ryanair flights.
With online banking I can now see all the relevant hits on our credit card:
With additional charges, that Ryanair 4c runs up to €82.
€51 - parking at Dublin airport.
€30 - taxis from and to Biarritz airport.
€550 - 5 nights B&B in Biarritz.
€620 - meals, including wine
€610 - misc shopping - a bag, shoes, belt, top, cosmetics etc..(all female)
€280 - misc/unaccounted cash spent on beer etc
That’s a grand total of about €2,225, all starting with 4 x Ryanair "1c" flights. What’s the reverse of "from little acorns ......"?
Incidentally, the average price of a pint (watching the rugby) was €7 - the Shelbourne is looking cheap!
PS - if you air this, please don’t use my name - the wife would kill me!
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (100)
- It's time to face down the nurses.
- Tallaght Strategy needed for Health
- The Actor plays shy
- A new Golden Age for Irish football?
- Another New Dawn in NI
- Shane Ross and Sir Anthony
- Put a Cork in it
- Timing for life
- Betting ups & downs.
- Flying the flag for Ireland.
- Ryanair 1c flights
- What we need from Scotland
- Left is right
- Eating for Ireland
- Safety on board
- Flying for Ireland
- No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
- A woman's right to choose?
- Tiling Dublin 4
- Lies, damn lies and statistics
- Digging Jim Reeves
- Wimbledon Wimmen
- Those funny Shinners
- Sleeveenism - O'Toole v. McDowell
- Flogging the Public Service
- Give us our jacks back.
- ▼ March (27)
- ► 2006 (265)