Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Timing for life

We constantly hear about female-specific cancers, but little or nothing is said about the large number of men who die each year from prostate and testicular cancers. Now, Ronan Keating is fronting a radio advertising campaign to raise awareness of these male problems.

One of the symptoms of prostate cancer is trouble having a pee, often manifested by repeated visits to the loo at night for men. When you get up in the middle of the night, you’re a bit dozy and it’s difficult to assess just how productive, or otherwise, your pee session has been in those circumstances.

Bat recently asked me why I had installed a wall clock in the loo. I explained that I wanted to time my pees, in order to have an early warning system for the onset of the dreaded prostate cancer. “But it’s got no second hand” he protested.

So?

No comments:

Blog Archive