This week Pat Kenny is running a “Limerick” competition, the first line must be “There was a red army from Munster”. The prize is two tickets for the last match to be played in the current Thomond Park ground, Munster v Leicester in their final pool stage Heineken Cup match.
Tickets will be as hard to find as hen's teeth and will sell on ebay for a couple of hundred euros apiece, so I've submitted the following entry. It's a touching tribute to Alan Quinlan’s recent 6-week suspension for stamping in the game against Cardiff.
There was a red army from Munster
Their team the proverbial dumpster
With tackle and stamp
Opposition they tramp
And suspensions just give them the hump, sir.
I’m not holding my breath for a winning outcome.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (100)
- Kenny on Immigration
- A short break in bandit country, anyone?
- Brand Goody
- Going Nuclear on the Health Service
- The real Dr Goebbels
- Breaking the Consultants Stranglehold
- Dull & Duller?
- Helping the real First time Buyers
- Killeen Kock-Up
- Parking in D(e)L(e)R(ium)CoCo
- Plastered at Sunrise
- US Presidential race 2008
- Lord of the Pants
- Heineken Cupset
- Saddam's Cat
- The Killeen Episode
- Moher International Airport
- Limerick limericks
- Micheal "Gekko" O'Leary
- How's your battery?
- Fly KennyAir
- The Bull O'Donoghue
- Blue Circle Luas Line
- Can Gerry Robinson fix the Health service?
- New Iraq Strategy - Bush Senior's input.
- Justice v. The Law
- Parking Tax
- Curing A&E?
- There was life before Microsoft
- Nominating Deasy for top media award
- Taking the piss out of Oscar
- More Fine Gael eejits
- Past his best
- FG's Gobshite of the Year - already!
- Traveller Ping Pong 2
- ▼ January (36)
- ► 2006 (265)