RTE Radio 1 news bulletin at 2.00pm today opened with an item about the return to earth of the Soyuz capsule carrying space tourist Charles Simonyi, who paid $25m for the two-week return trip to the International space station.
Simonyi is one of the Microsoft billionaires. To have such an item opening the news, I thought for a moment that something had gone wrong on the re-entry and, god forgive me, I thought “that’ll teach them”.
However, the item merely confirmed a safe landing by the Soyuz in Kazakhstan. There were a number of other domestic political stories which could have led the bulletin, I don’t understand what got this one promoted and caused my hopes to be raised for a couple of seconds.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (100)
- Fianna Fail Green Strategy omission
- Manchester United v. The Consultants
- Crime & Punishment
- Space Tourism
- Who's managing the Health Service?
- Virginia Tech Hero
- "Mickey Mouse" denial
- Is Sinn Fein abstentionism a legitimate political ...
- Consultants Dispute
- Mickey Mouse Money
- Alarming news.
- Another victim of the Mad Molecule Theory?
- Have you nothing smaller?
- From stable to betting exchange
- The cost of Health
- Those benefits of EBS mutuality
- Mother & Child rights
- Remember, remember
- Bertiegate revisited
- Marketing in action
- The Shinners fight back
- What's sauce for the honkey...
- Time for Sinn Féin MPs to take their seats
- Is it me?
- What's a "work to rule" in 21st century?
- Boston, Berlin or Paris?
- What's Ireland in french?
- ▼ April (27)
- ► 2006 (265)