Did the Taoiseach deliberately mislead the Dáil?
Answering a query from Eamon Gilmore regarding the failure of retailers to pass on the exchange rate benefits of a strong euro, he assured the house that his Tanaiste was taking active steps to clarify/resolve the situation.
Then when Brian sat down beside Mary C, he’s overheard saying "Ring those people and get a handle on it will you...bring in all those f***ers..."
That suggests the Taoiseach thought that Mary Coughlan needed to be ordered to do something about the situation, i.e. that he didn’t believe the story that he had just told to the Dail.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- Rising electricity, gas & fuel prices - plus Carbo...
- Wasteful Quangos
- Carbon Taxes? I don't think so.
- It's time we had real Farmers' Markets
- Biffo's threats and waffle
- Did Cowen mislead the Dáil?
- Cancer care in Mayo, Sligo & Donegal.
- Biffo & Mary Coughlan - The Touchy & Tetchy Show
- Dustin plucked & stuffed in Belgrade
- Credit Crunch hits Dublin PPP developments?
- Waterford Wedgwood: the ultimate in unused wedding...
- Bev's chance of a quick promotion?
- Time to tax aviation fuel.
- Boris Johnson elected Mayor of London
- Brian's priorities
- Bertie's address to Congress
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2007 (215)
- ► 2006 (265)