Much has been made of First Lady Michelle Obama’s visit to the Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Language School in London on April 2, 2009 and her motivational address to the girls there.
"Nothing in my life's path would have predicted that I would be standing here," she told the girls. "I am an example of what is possible when girls, from the very beginning of their lives, are loved and nurtured by the people around them."
The reality is that if she hadn’t married Barack Obama, Michelle would not have been standing there.
She might well have pursued a very successful career as a lawyer, which would also merit acclaim, but to be "First Lady" you have to be married to the right guy. A blonde bimbo might equally well achieve that distinction.
- ► 2010 (44)
- Judging Ferriter
- Has a succession of FF-led Govts deliberately misl...
- More budget U-Turns - these ones favour the politi...
- Shamus Heeney replies to Paul Krugman
- Titanic change to the junior ministerial ranks.
- What constitutes an academic exercise?
- It's baNAMArama time!
- Legal problems getting snouts out of public financ...
- A "Smoke & Daggers" budget!
- First Ladies jointly promote Charity Shops
- Michelle Obama's advice: Marry the right guy!
- ▼ April (11)
- ► 2008 (100)
- ► 2007 (215)
- ► 2006 (265)