In the Dáil this week, Taoiseach Bertie Ahern called Socialist Workers Party TD Joe Higgins a nitwit and suggested he should have stayed in Kerry.
If Bertie is right then this really is a case of a man leaving Kerry for the Dáil and simultaneously raising the average intelligence in both places.
Footnote: Published as a letter in the Irish Independent.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (100)
- ► 2007 (215)
- Anyone for swimming or just going through the moti...
- Pity the PDs
- Anyone for "peace in our time"?
- Making sense of it all.
- Balance on RTE
- McDaid's Donegal U-turn
- Any volunteers for Lebanon?
- New Hurling Controversy
- Another McDowell u-turn.
- Just because you're paranoid......
- Frozen Embryos
- No.7 Royale
- End of the Beetniks
- What every middle-aged man needs.
- Icebox Orphans?
- The Teutonic Tiger - buy a DAX Tracker
- Media use terrorists and vice versa.
- Probably Wayne Rooney's favourite credit card
- Probably the best lubricant in the world.
- Bertie's Nitwit
- Donegal Catch 22
- E-Voting - civil service managers asleep at the wheel
- Don't bet, buy the bookies!
- O'Malley Hare & Hound
- ▼ July (24)