Cork narrowly beat Limerick in the All Ireland Hurling quarter-finals last weekend.
Now Limerick have complained that Cork players introduced non-standard sliothars at critical times during the match, substituting them for the standard ball.
At Hogwarts, Harry Potter's school, the house which houses all the sleveens is known as Slytherin. Sounds like an appropriate nickname for the Cork hurlers.
Footnote: the final paragraph above published as a letter in the Irish Independent.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (100)
- ► 2007 (215)
- Anyone for swimming or just going through the moti...
- Pity the PDs
- Anyone for "peace in our time"?
- Making sense of it all.
- Balance on RTE
- McDaid's Donegal U-turn
- Any volunteers for Lebanon?
- New Hurling Controversy
- Another McDowell u-turn.
- Just because you're paranoid......
- Frozen Embryos
- No.7 Royale
- End of the Beetniks
- What every middle-aged man needs.
- Icebox Orphans?
- The Teutonic Tiger - buy a DAX Tracker
- Media use terrorists and vice versa.
- Probably Wayne Rooney's favourite credit card
- Probably the best lubricant in the world.
- Bertie's Nitwit
- Donegal Catch 22
- E-Voting - civil service managers asleep at the wheel
- Don't bet, buy the bookies!
- O'Malley Hare & Hound
- ▼ July (24)