In today’s Irish Examiner (“de paper”) Harry McGee reports that Transport Minister Martin Cullen has backed Gay Byrne’s criticisms of lenient treatment of speeding drivers by the courts.
Has either man commented publicly on the Taoiseach’s response to recent media claims that his official car exceeded the speed limit? Bertie Ahern’s comment that he was merely a passenger was hypocritical and arrogant.
This isn’t the first time the Taoiseach or one of his ministers have demonstrated their belief that the law only applies to the little people.
Footnote: Published as a letter in the Irish Independent & the Irish Examiner.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (100)
- ► 2007 (215)
- For Fawkes Sake
- Law for the little people
- The cost of land.
- The Celtic Pimple
- Port Tunnel Height
- Where's Caviston when you need him?
- More Govt Policy that ignores Govt Strategy
- Sauce for the goose
- What's a democracy?
- GAA International Rules series
- The White & Black Minstrels?
- Surge in support for Government
- Flatpack Poetry
- Irish Times Opinion Poll
- St Andrew's Agreement
- New English
- TCD's Pantomime Horse
- Put the PDs out of their misery
- ▼ October (18)