Let’s all hope that today’s “St Andrew’s Agreement” achieves it’s objective and finally brings about implementation of the 1998 “Good Friday Agreement”.
However, watching the various press briefings by the party leaders, it strikes me that a new precondition should be added to the draft proposals: that Gerry Adams should stop murdering the Irish language!
Footnote: Published as a letter in the Irish Independent and the 2nd paragraph aired on RTEs Saturday View programme by Rodney Rice.
Tues 17th Oct - I had a phone call, purporting to be from the Ulster Unionist Party HQ, thanking me for my letter in the Indo!
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (100)
- ► 2007 (215)
- For Fawkes Sake
- Law for the little people
- The cost of land.
- The Celtic Pimple
- Port Tunnel Height
- Where's Caviston when you need him?
- More Govt Policy that ignores Govt Strategy
- Sauce for the goose
- What's a democracy?
- GAA International Rules series
- The White & Black Minstrels?
- Surge in support for Government
- Flatpack Poetry
- Irish Times Opinion Poll
- St Andrew's Agreement
- New English
- TCD's Pantomime Horse
- Put the PDs out of their misery
- ▼ October (18)