A suitably chastened and unusually subdued Dustin was interviewed on RTE’s Morning Ireland, following last night’s ignominious failure to achieve a top 10 finish in the Eurovision semi-final.
That failure came as no surprise , as the song was greeted with some booing in the Belgrade venue, something I hadn’t heard before. Unfortunately, this semi-final wasn't broadcast on BBC, I was dying to hear what, if anything, Terry Wogan would have to say about the song's reference to "Terry Wogan's wig". Now we'll never know.
I was surprised by Dustin’s downbeat demeanour this morning, I can only put it down to a hangover. He surely couldn’t have rated his chances that seriously? He sounded gutted, plucked & stuffed, with none of his trademark cheek and quick-fire smart comments. There wasn't even the slighest chance of a "go on, ya good thing!"
Anyway, there’s some consolation for him - he’s in good company with last year’s turkeys Dervish and John Waters. And the previous year’s young sibling duo , whose names escape me (and most of the rest of the population, I suspect).
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- Rising electricity, gas & fuel prices - plus Carbo...
- Wasteful Quangos
- Carbon Taxes? I don't think so.
- It's time we had real Farmers' Markets
- Biffo's threats and waffle
- Did Cowen mislead the Dáil?
- Cancer care in Mayo, Sligo & Donegal.
- Biffo & Mary Coughlan - The Touchy & Tetchy Show
- Dustin plucked & stuffed in Belgrade
- Credit Crunch hits Dublin PPP developments?
- Waterford Wedgwood: the ultimate in unused wedding...
- Bev's chance of a quick promotion?
- Time to tax aviation fuel.
- Boris Johnson elected Mayor of London
- Brian's priorities
- Bertie's address to Congress
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2007 (215)
- ► 2006 (265)