In tandem with their decision to freeze the price of the pint, is there any chance publicans might unfreeze the pint of Guinness?
The practice in recent years of chilling the famous stout to lager-like temperatures is akin to serving good red wine from the fridge. Usually a mistake.
When I challenged my local publican about this a couple of months ago, he responded “I don’t come in here to get hassled”. Helpful.
And there was me thinking I was the one who’d taken early retirement.
I've communicated by views directly to Guinness, but I'm not holding my breath. Their latest advertising campaign was themed "fridge magnet". They've clearly taken chilling to heart.
Footnote: Section in italics published as a letter in the Irish Times.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- Editorial control in RTE
- Bank bailout - Ireland v. UK
- Next - the Insurance Pyramid Scheme?
- Happy Whatsit
- Casting "Greens - the movie".
- The Catholic Church & Sex
- New fashion trend for World leaders
- Lame duck Dux ducks
- Put the bite back into restaurant reviews.
- Someone should smart meter the Greens
- Lisbon II - the headaches begin.
- Tackling Feral Children
- Irish Banks - do they need to be recapitalised?
- Who can speak for the Greens?
- Freezing guinness
- ▼ December (16)
- ► 2007 (215)
- ► 2006 (265)