Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Freezing guinness

In tandem with their decision to freeze the price of the pint, is there any chance publicans might unfreeze the pint of Guinness?

The practice in recent years of chilling the famous stout to lager-like temperatures is akin to serving good red wine from the fridge. Usually a mistake.


When I challenged my local publican about this a couple of months ago, he responded “I don’t come in here to get hassled”. Helpful.

And there was me thinking I was the one who’d taken early retirement.

I've communicated by views directly to Guinness, but I'm not holding my breath. Their latest advertising campaign was themed "fridge magnet". They've clearly taken chilling to heart.

Footnote: Section in italics published as a letter in the Irish Times.

No comments:

Blog Archive