Leinster 19 Leicester 16
So finally, and deservedly, Leinster have won the Heineken Cup.
Defeating Leicester in a suitably intense and physical contest, Leinster finally proved that they can legitimately shed the “lady boys” tag and grind out a worthy victory against one of the real grinders in the business today.
This isn’t, in historical terms, on a par with the national team winning the Grand Slam, but it is still a great shot in the arm for Irish rugby and Leinster in particular.
Go mbeimid beo ag an am seo aris!
- ► 2010 (44)
- Dealing with the Religious Orders damned by the Ry...
- Paper never refused ink - again!
- Leinster win the Heineken Cup - at last!
- Getting the Property Market Moving
- TEST YOUR MENTAL STRENGTH
- Irish Times grants posthumous pardon to Progressiv...
- Walesa was paid €50k to address Libertas launch
- Just how clever are our very highly paid Legal eag...
- Mick Wallace - due a haircut.
- Leicester bookies favourite for Heineken Cup.
- ▼ May (10)
- ► 2008 (100)
- ► 2007 (215)
- ► 2006 (265)