Today's Irish Times reports that Lech Walesa was merely a speaker-for-hire at the recent Libertas european elections launch in Rome.
The IT cites Polish media reports that Walesa was paid €50k for appearing at the event.
Walesa is quoted as saying that he accepted the Libertas invitation because he is unable to live off his state pension.
Could that be classified as exploitation of the elderly?
How unlucky for him that he isn’t a retired Irish politician – he’d be swanning about the south of France on his index+ linked pension.
- ► 2010 (44)
- Dealing with the Religious Orders damned by the Ry...
- Paper never refused ink - again!
- Leinster win the Heineken Cup - at last!
- Getting the Property Market Moving
- TEST YOUR MENTAL STRENGTH
- Irish Times grants posthumous pardon to Progressiv...
- Walesa was paid €50k to address Libertas launch
- Just how clever are our very highly paid Legal eag...
- Mick Wallace - due a haircut.
- Leicester bookies favourite for Heineken Cup.
- ▼ May (10)
- ► 2008 (100)
- ► 2007 (215)
- ► 2006 (265)