Today marks the final day of Cork’s year as European Capital of Culture.
Tomorrow, January 1st 2006, Cork reverts to its normal role as Culchie Capital of Ireland.
There are no prizes for guessing which role it is better equipped for.
They’re arrogant culchies too. As the saying goes, “Cork people are like lawyers*, they have no real idea how much the rest of the country genuinely dislikes them.”
* insert here the profession or employee group you most despise, or that of the person in your immediate company who you’d most like to insult. E.g. bankers, teachers, Microsoft employees etc..
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (100)
- ► 2007 (215)
- ► 2006 (265)
- The Parable of the Snake
- The Real Culcheral Capital
- Adiós Siesta
- Publication of 1975 Government Papers
- New Year Resolutions
- Bring on the Chat Chopper
- It's Tanfastic!
- Christmas thoughts
- Woman of the Year Nominee
- Gott in Himmel!
- What would Darwin know about it?
- Anyone for farming?
- Raising The Rising Sun
- The Price of Love
- Centre for Public Inquiry
- Colin Powell admits UN white powder was not cocaine
- Xmas present for the Middle-East?
- Hell hath no fury like a short woman scorned
- The Limerick Leader
- God is a woman - it's official!
- McDowell leak to Irish independent
- Relativity of Iraq casualties
- David Norris and the Nazi Pope
- Is there a doctor in the house?
- Justice for the Dublin North Central One
- Budget to promote Traditional Catholic Families
- Vive la Republique
- Centre for Public Inquiry - Frank Connolly
- Irish Ferries Dispute
- ▼ December (29)