Brenda Pickering, ex-Microsoft employee, is my nominee for Woman of the Year.
I've been slightly following her High Court case against Microsoft, who she was suing for constructive dismissal etc.. I found some of the evidence incredible e.g. she wanted to manage a unit of 350 people from her holiday home in Spain.
Lucky thing that I avoided a career in the legal profession because I thought she hadn't a snowball in hell's chance of winning this. In fact, the further the case progressed the more silly she was made to look.
And then the verdict - she was a victim of "constructive dismissal" with damages to follow. RTE reported that she expressed her satisfaction with the outcome - from Spain!
Sudden and complete rethink required: If she can win a High Court action from Spain, then managing a Microsoft unit from there would be an absolute doddle.
Game, set and match to Brenda, as they say in golfing circles.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (100)
- ► 2007 (215)
- ► 2006 (265)
- The Parable of the Snake
- The Real Culcheral Capital
- Adiós Siesta
- Publication of 1975 Government Papers
- New Year Resolutions
- Bring on the Chat Chopper
- It's Tanfastic!
- Christmas thoughts
- Woman of the Year Nominee
- Gott in Himmel!
- What would Darwin know about it?
- Anyone for farming?
- Raising The Rising Sun
- The Price of Love
- Centre for Public Inquiry
- Colin Powell admits UN white powder was not cocaine
- Xmas present for the Middle-East?
- Hell hath no fury like a short woman scorned
- The Limerick Leader
- God is a woman - it's official!
- McDowell leak to Irish independent
- Relativity of Iraq casualties
- David Norris and the Nazi Pope
- Is there a doctor in the house?
- Justice for the Dublin North Central One
- Budget to promote Traditional Catholic Families
- Vive la Republique
- Centre for Public Inquiry - Frank Connolly
- Irish Ferries Dispute
- ▼ December (29)