I attended a funeral this morning, enduring a bitingly cold wind which cut into us as we stood at the graveside. It brought tears to my eyes.
I commented to my elderly mother that I too wanted to be buried on such a day, as even people who didn’t like me would have a tear in their eye.
Afterwards I shared the joke with the widow and son of the deceased. I think I got away with it.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (100)
- ► 2007 (215)
- Political decision-making
- Taking the michael
- Batting for the batless
- Traveller Ping-Pong with Brenda
- What's McDowell reading?
- Still Travelling
- Revenge of the knee-high men.
- Txt Smrtns
- The Godfather speaks
- Not all travellers are equal
- Battleground for the next election
- Moriarty musings
- We were travellers too.
- Sunday Times Traveller
- Xmas Cracker Puzzle for grown-ups
- Politics and Gun & Drug Crime
- More BUPA
- Breaking News - Solheim Cup for Ireland
- Bye Bye BUPA
- In praise of the frying pan
- Age of Consent
- The First Time Buyer as Investor
- Redefining "The Family"
- Money talks - sometimes it makes sense.
- First Time Buyer Mirage
- Start working on New Year's Resolutions
- Paddy (abuse of) Power
- Snowed Under by Iraq Study Group Report
- Ever been savaged by a dead sheep?
- The unknown unknowns of Donald Rumsfeld
- Travellers - Moving On?
- The mental health of O'Malley's defence
- Black humour lives!
- Rumsfeld's U-Turn?
- Pre-budget speculation
- Paying your way!
- ▼ December (36)