It’s impossible not to feel lucky when you wake up in the morning and find you
- are not living in Darfur, Baghdad, Palestine, Africa, South America and Asia
- don’t have a physically or mentally handicapped child or a parent suffering from alzhiemers
- have access to education, medication and a regular democratic proccess
- have enough money to meet your own and your family’s needs
It’s impossible to watch the daily news and not see that you live a life of safety and privilege which is denied to a majority of the world’s population.
Yet increasingly, with easier and cheaper transport, we really do live in a global village which sits comfortably beside the globalised economy we’re constantly told is essential to pay our way.
As we know that the poor will always trouble (perhaps mug or rob) their rich neighbours, then we must also, however unwillingly, acknowledge that until we achieve some sort of financial/ economic equilibrium within our own society and with our 3rd world neighbours, we ourselves will never achieve real long-term security.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (100)
- ► 2007 (215)
- Political decision-making
- Taking the michael
- Batting for the batless
- Traveller Ping-Pong with Brenda
- What's McDowell reading?
- Still Travelling
- Revenge of the knee-high men.
- Txt Smrtns
- The Godfather speaks
- Not all travellers are equal
- Battleground for the next election
- Moriarty musings
- We were travellers too.
- Sunday Times Traveller
- Xmas Cracker Puzzle for grown-ups
- Politics and Gun & Drug Crime
- More BUPA
- Breaking News - Solheim Cup for Ireland
- Bye Bye BUPA
- In praise of the frying pan
- Age of Consent
- The First Time Buyer as Investor
- Redefining "The Family"
- Money talks - sometimes it makes sense.
- First Time Buyer Mirage
- Start working on New Year's Resolutions
- Paddy (abuse of) Power
- Snowed Under by Iraq Study Group Report
- Ever been savaged by a dead sheep?
- The unknown unknowns of Donald Rumsfeld
- Travellers - Moving On?
- The mental health of O'Malley's defence
- Black humour lives!
- Rumsfeld's U-Turn?
- Pre-budget speculation
- Paying your way!
- ▼ December (36)