Sean O’Rourke has always failed to hide his contempt for Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny. This is probably because he makes no effort to do so.
On RTE's “The Week in Politics” last night when he challenged Kenny with the unsubstantiated anecdotal claim that even long-standing FG supporters roll their eyes to heaven at the thought of Kenny as Taoiseach.
O’Rourke followed this up with speculation that the FG backroom suits might approach Kenny before the next election and ask him to step down as leader.
Surely it is the function of the FG party to select its leader, not the role of RTE or Sean O’Rourke, who exceeded even his own high standard of disrespect and rudeness last night.
I don’t know what O’Rourke’s objective is or what his personal political affiliations are, other than his complete antipathy when it comes to Enda Kenny.
But let the FG party and the electorate decide the fate of Enda Kenny and let O’Rourke learn some bloody manners.
Footnote: I've sent the above complaint to Sean O'Rourke and RTE.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ABBA for President (No. 2)
- Stopping the Barbarians at the gate?
- The Government clutching at PR straws.
- Sunday Tribune Restaurant Reviews
- Sauvignon Blanc - Shelbourne style
- Banking on the Barbarians?
- Sorting out this mess of a budget.
- Pres & Glasthule residents done by Dunne?
- Shane Ross exposes himself!
- Wanted: Dunphy's bite back.
- Barack Obama - Offaly's 2nd current world statesman
- Sean O'Rourke disses Enda Kenny - again.
- Getting it up for over-40 men!
- On Her Majesty's Service - Halifax, Ulster Bank etc
- ▼ November (14)
- ► 2007 (215)
- ► 2006 (265)