In the interests of balance, here’s a direct quote from a self-professed liberal, who permanently inhabit’s the highest moral ground on all issues:
“No its actually two dumb fucks George & Tony plus anyone who really believes W actually makes the decisions / knows what’s going on / why they went to war / what’s the strategy etc etc etc…………………………..”
I think the context is clear, you have here a most succinct summary of the moral view.
Note (a) the absence of room for self-doubt and (b) the certainty of the insights regarding “the enemy”.
You'd have to wonder how many of George's political opponents over the years have woken up scratching their heads the morning after an election.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (100)
- ► 2007 (215)
- What if Hitler hadn't invaded Poland?
- Deus Caritas Est
- The great internet lie?
- A sign of the times
- Wayne O'Donoghue Manslaughter Conviction
- Chomping on Chomsky & the 50-Years War
- Any chance of a start?
- Media standards - RTE & Eamonn Casey
- Vincent Browne monopolising the media
- Chomsky proves Newton's Law
- Burton's New Suits
- Decentralisation exposes cracks in the political s...
- Stringfellow's Dublin Club
- In the interest of balance
- Barcelona Ramblings
- Golf without balls?
- Lighthouse in a bog?
- Heaven or Hell?
- Working like blacks
- Tony Banks
- Angela Merkel - still in her first 100 days
- Ariel Sharon - an enigma in a paradox?
- Pope Benedict - RTE Profile
- The threat of Avian Influenza
- Who really owns Public Assets?
- Chill Out
- Recycling pays dividends for Vincent
- Time's Man of the Year controversy
- Not quite the end of the world, after all.
- ▼ January (29)