My mother's next door neighbour had a big home improvement job done last year, with workmen swarming over the house for about 3 months. Many of them conversed in some eastern european language, or possibly mix of languages.
Now the house across the street from her is getting a make-over. The company doing the work is called Abhaile, the irish for Home.
I couldn't help smiling this morning when 3 workmen got out of their Abhaile-branded van, chatting away in foreignese.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (100)
- ► 2007 (215)
- What if Hitler hadn't invaded Poland?
- Deus Caritas Est
- The great internet lie?
- A sign of the times
- Wayne O'Donoghue Manslaughter Conviction
- Chomping on Chomsky & the 50-Years War
- Any chance of a start?
- Media standards - RTE & Eamonn Casey
- Vincent Browne monopolising the media
- Chomsky proves Newton's Law
- Burton's New Suits
- Decentralisation exposes cracks in the political s...
- Stringfellow's Dublin Club
- In the interest of balance
- Barcelona Ramblings
- Golf without balls?
- Lighthouse in a bog?
- Heaven or Hell?
- Working like blacks
- Tony Banks
- Angela Merkel - still in her first 100 days
- Ariel Sharon - an enigma in a paradox?
- Pope Benedict - RTE Profile
- The threat of Avian Influenza
- Who really owns Public Assets?
- Chill Out
- Recycling pays dividends for Vincent
- Time's Man of the Year controversy
- Not quite the end of the world, after all.
- ▼ January (29)