Radio reports today that a committe chaired by Minister Tom Parlon has come up with some helpful proposals to ameliorate the impact of flooding on households.
(i) Don't lay expensive carpets downstairs
(ii) Keep all your valuables, including furniture, upstairs.
Living in a bungalow, I'm having some trouble convincing the wife of the merit of these proposals.
He's wasted here, truly a lighthouse from a bog. An alternative measure might be to send this national treasure to New Orleans, where he can advise on the reconstruction of the city and the flood-proofing of buildings there.
I look forward to photos of Louisiana bedecked with "Parlon Country" posters. He'll be at home among the red-necks, I can almost hear the banjos and the squealing of a pig.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (100)
- ► 2007 (215)
- What if Hitler hadn't invaded Poland?
- Deus Caritas Est
- The great internet lie?
- A sign of the times
- Wayne O'Donoghue Manslaughter Conviction
- Chomping on Chomsky & the 50-Years War
- Any chance of a start?
- Media standards - RTE & Eamonn Casey
- Vincent Browne monopolising the media
- Chomsky proves Newton's Law
- Burton's New Suits
- Decentralisation exposes cracks in the political s...
- Stringfellow's Dublin Club
- In the interest of balance
- Barcelona Ramblings
- Golf without balls?
- Lighthouse in a bog?
- Heaven or Hell?
- Working like blacks
- Tony Banks
- Angela Merkel - still in her first 100 days
- Ariel Sharon - an enigma in a paradox?
- Pope Benedict - RTE Profile
- The threat of Avian Influenza
- Who really owns Public Assets?
- Chill Out
- Recycling pays dividends for Vincent
- Time's Man of the Year controversy
- Not quite the end of the world, after all.
- ▼ January (29)