Wednesday, June 06, 2007
It's Thatcher time
Two brand-new ESB power stations out of action for months, what the hell is going on in that overstaffed, overpaid semi-state company.
Modern state-of-the-art power stations are completely automated, all you need to run one is a computer, a man and a dog
- The computer to run the station
- The man to feed the dog
- The dog to keep the man away from the computer.
And now Brendan Ogle, formerly of train-driver strike fame, is threatening us with power blackouts over proposed changes in the ESB.
It’s time to hire Maggie Thatcher to advise on how to break the power of the public service unions.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (100)
- Venus v. Mars - again!
- Britain to reciprocate with Ahern Chair endowment
- Tony Blair's Legacy - and he hasn't even left yet.
- How Gerry Adams paid for that Donegal holiday home.
- Government saving buyers from sellers!
- Bertie's Missing Money
- Political Banners
- An Taoiseach mis-speaks, again.
- Outgoing FF Minister claims authorship of Environm...
- Greens - the new Fianna Fail Lite
- Greens in office but not in power!
- Who'll be next leader of Green Party?
- Sargent sacrifice a necessary fig-leaf for Greens
- The fate of the man in the white suit?
- Blair to become catholic deacon?
- Chavez - time to Chile out!
- One Night in Paris
- How do you get on Pat Kenny's panel?
- Green Party VAT Policy seems misguided
- Boyd Barrett Bullsh1t
- It's Thatcher time
- Dutch blocked air support before Srebrenica massacre.
- Are FF the only party honestly enaged in the curre...
- The Mother Teresa of broadcasting
- Who'll win Political Gobshite of the Year 2007?
- ▼ June (25)
- ► 2006 (265)