The detailed drawings, including cross-sections, for the two concepts are now on display in Dun Laoghaire Town Hall until 16th May.
Concept A, which includes the Lagoon Beach, is costed at €126.5m.
Concept B, which features an open-to-sea beach at Newtownsmith, comes in at €92m.
Unsurprisingly, I favour Concept A, as the Lagoon Beach element most closely resembles my original “Dun Laoghaire Plage” proposal.
Concept A implementation is proposed in 4 distinct phases.
Phases 1 & 2, which include the 500 space underground car-park, are collectively priced @ €76m.
The Lagoon Beach is only Phase 3, which is priced @ €32m.
However, given that Minister Dermot Ahern (?) recently announced that there isn’t a red cent available to build a new hospital in Navan, it’s hard to see central Govt providing major funding for either of these concepts.
It’ll be interesting to see if any elements of either concept ever get beyond the display stands in the Town Hall.
Meanwhile, local socialist activist Richard Boyd Barrett was holding a public meeting in the Kingston Hotel tonight (Mon 14th) which I was unable to attend. I await media reports with limited interest.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- Anthropomorphism gone mad(dog)?
- Rationing the Media & Politicians
- Empty Bus Lanes beside choked traffic lanes.
- What is RTE thinking about?
- BOI missing laptops - RTE spice up the story!
- Lisbon Treaty leads to 4rd Reich?
- Dun Laoghaire Plage - update
- Carpe Diem, Brian!
- Has Bertie Ahern been deliberately snubbed by the ...
- The last time our currency hit stg 80p
- The Greens and the Weighting of Ethics
- More of the same.
- Bertie Ahern - the latest victim of The Curse of t...
- ▼ April (13)
- ► 2007 (215)
- ► 2006 (265)