Ulick McEvaddy, multi-millionaire, has come out on the NO side of the Lisbon Treaty referendum campaign.
Interviewed on Pat Kenny’s RTE radio programme today, McEvaddy repeatedly said that we’re being asked to approve a treaty that will determine Europe’s future for “1,000 years”.
Then Pat Kenny read a message from Jim Dorney, another “NO” voter who‘s something significant in the construction industry, who also used the phrase “1,000 years”.
I suspect this may well be part of a concerted marketing effort by the “NO Lobby” to create a subliminal impression that we’re being asked to sign up to something equivalent to the 3rd Reich.
Is anyone, even those the NO Lobby, stupid enough to believe that anything enacted in 2008 will last 100 years, never mind 1,000?
When the Shinners and the millionaires are united in advocating a NO vote, it only reinforces my determination to vote YES.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- Anthropomorphism gone mad(dog)?
- Rationing the Media & Politicians
- Empty Bus Lanes beside choked traffic lanes.
- What is RTE thinking about?
- BOI missing laptops - RTE spice up the story!
- Lisbon Treaty leads to 4rd Reich?
- Dun Laoghaire Plage - update
- Carpe Diem, Brian!
- Has Bertie Ahern been deliberately snubbed by the ...
- The last time our currency hit stg 80p
- The Greens and the Weighting of Ethics
- More of the same.
- Bertie Ahern - the latest victim of The Curse of t...
- ▼ April (13)
- ► 2007 (215)
- ► 2006 (265)