Has Bertie Ahern been deliberately snubbed by the Hillery family?
It seems that the family has asked Tanaiste Brian Cowen to deliver the late president’s graveside oration on Wednesday next, rather than inviting the incumbent FF Taoiseach to do so.
After all, Bertie did a particularly fine job at CJH’s funeral, I almost had a tear in my eye. Vincent Browne certainly had in his.
It is widely believed that Haughey and his cronies were behind the scurrilous and untrue rumours widely circulated about the Hillery marriage. It’s probably safe to assume that there was little love lost between Paddy Hillery and CJH. So the family are unlikely to want that gurrier’s chief gofer delivering his funeral oration.
Mind you, this is not without precedent. In 1999, the Lynch family asked Des O’Malley to deliver the graveside oration for former FF Taoiseach Jack Lynch, rather than inviting the then current FF Taoiseach Bertie Ahern to perform the tribute.
Draw your own conclusions.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- Anthropomorphism gone mad(dog)?
- Rationing the Media & Politicians
- Empty Bus Lanes beside choked traffic lanes.
- What is RTE thinking about?
- BOI missing laptops - RTE spice up the story!
- Lisbon Treaty leads to 4rd Reich?
- Dun Laoghaire Plage - update
- Carpe Diem, Brian!
- Has Bertie Ahern been deliberately snubbed by the ...
- The last time our currency hit stg 80p
- The Greens and the Weighting of Ethics
- More of the same.
- Bertie Ahern - the latest victim of The Curse of t...
- ▼ April (13)
- ► 2007 (215)
- ► 2006 (265)