Bertie Ahern has comprehensively routed the back-bencher revolt and they have agreed to shelve the proposed Fianna Fail "1922 Committee".
To paraphrase Dennis Healey, Bertie seems to have found his back-benchers' rebellion to be equivalent to being savaged by a flock of dead sheep.
Whatever Bertie did or said in response to their public bleating, all we're hearing from them now now is the silence of the lambs.
Footnote: The section in italics published as a letter in the Irish Independent & the Irish Examiner. It also aired on "what it says in the papers" on RTE's Morning Ireland.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (100)
- ► 2007 (215)
- RTE - a gravy train we're all paying for.
- Bertie the good shepherd
- Tax Dodgers in Paradise
- McDowell's toys out of pram - again.
- The Haughey tunnel
- The Boss follows in the footsteps of The Chief
- Ronan O'Gara - Alone he stands
- Vincent Browne re-invents GUBU!
- Protocol gone mad
- The missing comma
- Time gentlemen, please.
- Haughey's Medici Complex
- Death of Charles Haughey
- Gone but not forgiven - Charlie Haughey
- That Maths Paper
- Learning to Reed & Rite
- What's the point of the new Garda Traffic Corps?
- Turning up the heat on Michael Moore?
- Re-trying Derry O'Rourke?
- ▼ June (19)