Here endeth the lesson! All the hype about the quality of English football with three of the four semi-final qualifiers in the Champions League was blown away by the contrast between AC Milan and Man Utd.
All the hype about the brilliance of Man Utd, following their quarter-final 7-1 defeat of Roma and their resilient comeback in the first leg of the semi-finals to win it 3-2, seemed totally misplaced.
Last night Man Utd was given a lesson in football by AC Milan who totally outclassed their English opponents. The final 3-0 result could have been worse for United who hardly looked like scoring, while Milan oozed class and might have had several more goals. It wasn’t just football skills, Milan’s “aging squad” worked harder individually and gelled better as a team than their english counterparts.
This was a completely one-sided match and the winners must be long odds-on to beat Liverpool in the final.
Eamon Dunphy and John Giles on the RTE panel could hardly hide their delight at being proven right in their assessment of Ronaldo’s honesty and commitment.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (100)
- Inappropriate Speed Limits
- McDowell leads PDs down the road to perdition
- Post-Election Tranquility - for the moment
- Time to fire John Deasy
- McDowell's missed opportunity
- Clouds, Silver Linings etc..
- Michael McDowell - No Thanks
- A Vote for Roche is a Vote for.......
- Going for Chelsea Gold
- McDowell's credentials in question
- Latest election betting
- What Bertie won't tell you.
- Hung Dail in prospect
- Tomorrow's News Today!
- Are PD Chickens coming home to FF roost?
- Latest odds on Election Outcomes
- The Great Election Debate
- Is Michael McDowell a democrat?
- Bertie's latest digout from friends
- Last sting of a dying B?
- Clinton, Blair & Mitchell endorse Bertie Ahern
- Where are the Alternative Rottweilers?
- Get ready for musical chairs
- Bertie does Sisyphus
- Beresfordgate will rumble on.
- Bruton mugged by Biffo on RTE
- New poll boost for alternative coalition
- Charlie's Epitaph
- Eurovision kettle calls pot black
- Public Probity has many facets.
- Ireland winner at Eurovision High-Low
- McDowell pardons Ahern
- Dun Laoghaire - gone to hell.
- Political Probity comes at a price.
- It's getting bitchy out there!
- Are our nurses over-qualified or under-paid?
- Battle of the Boyne revisited
- Tony Blair's Political Legacy
- What's left of McDowell & PD credibility?
- FF Election Tactics and a compliant media
- Ireland's Titanic Eurovision song
- McDowell throws toys out of the pram!
- The "Fourth Way"
- Bertiegate and the silence of the opposition
- Sauve qui peut!
- Retrospective Legislation
- The bookies win again.
- AC Milan 3 - Man UTD 0
- Is the Health System defrauding the VHI?
- What would old Mr Brennan say?
- Bertiegate & CAB
- Clamping in Dun Laoghaire
- Lamb of God
- ▼ May (53)
- ► 2006 (265)