RTE radio’s lunchtime news featured a “debate” between Finance Minister Brian Cowen and FG Finance spokesman Richard Bruton. You could hardly find two men of more contrasting physical stature or personality.
Biffo was in the RTE studio with Sean O’Rourke, Richard Bruton was somewhere out of sight, elsewhere in Dublin. Biffo launched into a withering attack on the FG & Labour election manifestoes, claiming that they hadn’t been properly costed and couldn’t be delivered. It was a very aggressive rant directed at the mild-mannered Bruton, who was clearly at a disadvantage by not being in the studio.
Added to this was the fact that an almost silent Sean O'Rourke allowed Biffo to "chair" the debate, thus giving him added advantages he hardly needed, as he’s much louder and more aggressive than Bruton.
Sean O’Rourke and RTE failed dismally to provide a level playing pitch for this political debate.
Biffo will clearly be FFs main attack dog in the coming week and Fine Gael should learn the lesson and simply refuse to debate in this format again.
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (100)
- Inappropriate Speed Limits
- McDowell leads PDs down the road to perdition
- Post-Election Tranquility - for the moment
- Time to fire John Deasy
- McDowell's missed opportunity
- Clouds, Silver Linings etc..
- Michael McDowell - No Thanks
- A Vote for Roche is a Vote for.......
- Going for Chelsea Gold
- McDowell's credentials in question
- Latest election betting
- What Bertie won't tell you.
- Hung Dail in prospect
- Tomorrow's News Today!
- Are PD Chickens coming home to FF roost?
- Latest odds on Election Outcomes
- The Great Election Debate
- Is Michael McDowell a democrat?
- Bertie's latest digout from friends
- Last sting of a dying B?
- Clinton, Blair & Mitchell endorse Bertie Ahern
- Where are the Alternative Rottweilers?
- Get ready for musical chairs
- Bertie does Sisyphus
- Beresfordgate will rumble on.
- Bruton mugged by Biffo on RTE
- New poll boost for alternative coalition
- Charlie's Epitaph
- Eurovision kettle calls pot black
- Public Probity has many facets.
- Ireland winner at Eurovision High-Low
- McDowell pardons Ahern
- Dun Laoghaire - gone to hell.
- Political Probity comes at a price.
- It's getting bitchy out there!
- Are our nurses over-qualified or under-paid?
- Battle of the Boyne revisited
- Tony Blair's Political Legacy
- What's left of McDowell & PD credibility?
- FF Election Tactics and a compliant media
- Ireland's Titanic Eurovision song
- McDowell throws toys out of the pram!
- The "Fourth Way"
- Bertiegate and the silence of the opposition
- Sauve qui peut!
- Retrospective Legislation
- The bookies win again.
- AC Milan 3 - Man UTD 0
- Is the Health System defrauding the VHI?
- What would old Mr Brennan say?
- Bertiegate & CAB
- Clamping in Dun Laoghaire
- Lamb of God
- ▼ May (53)
- ► 2006 (265)