Perhaps the only thing left to admire about Michael McDowell is his brass neck.
In the past week PD party president Tom Parlon has accused Fine Gael of being behind the tribunal leaks to media, citing Enda Kenny as the author of a diabolical plot due to climax on day 21 of the election campaign.
There was not a word of censure, regret or retraction from PD party leader Michael McDowell on that very paranoid interpretation of events. But when Enda Kenny points the finger at McDowell himself as the likely leaker, the toys go straight out of the pram and the charge is deemed to be "beneath contempt".
As serving Minister for Justice, McDowell personally leaked confidential Garda files to a pet journalist in pursuit of his own political objectives. Indeed, he has stooped to the use of damaging innuendo on the basis that "I know what I know". He therefore has a history of engaging in this type of "dirty tricks" activity.
Like all bullies, he can hand it out but he can't take it.
Footnote: Published as a letter in the Irish Times & the Irish Examiner
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (100)
- Inappropriate Speed Limits
- McDowell leads PDs down the road to perdition
- Post-Election Tranquility - for the moment
- Time to fire John Deasy
- McDowell's missed opportunity
- Clouds, Silver Linings etc..
- Michael McDowell - No Thanks
- A Vote for Roche is a Vote for.......
- Going for Chelsea Gold
- McDowell's credentials in question
- Latest election betting
- What Bertie won't tell you.
- Hung Dail in prospect
- Tomorrow's News Today!
- Are PD Chickens coming home to FF roost?
- Latest odds on Election Outcomes
- The Great Election Debate
- Is Michael McDowell a democrat?
- Bertie's latest digout from friends
- Last sting of a dying B?
- Clinton, Blair & Mitchell endorse Bertie Ahern
- Where are the Alternative Rottweilers?
- Get ready for musical chairs
- Bertie does Sisyphus
- Beresfordgate will rumble on.
- Bruton mugged by Biffo on RTE
- New poll boost for alternative coalition
- Charlie's Epitaph
- Eurovision kettle calls pot black
- Public Probity has many facets.
- Ireland winner at Eurovision High-Low
- McDowell pardons Ahern
- Dun Laoghaire - gone to hell.
- Political Probity comes at a price.
- It's getting bitchy out there!
- Are our nurses over-qualified or under-paid?
- Battle of the Boyne revisited
- Tony Blair's Political Legacy
- What's left of McDowell & PD credibility?
- FF Election Tactics and a compliant media
- Ireland's Titanic Eurovision song
- McDowell throws toys out of the pram!
- The "Fourth Way"
- Bertiegate and the silence of the opposition
- Sauve qui peut!
- Retrospective Legislation
- The bookies win again.
- AC Milan 3 - Man UTD 0
- Is the Health System defrauding the VHI?
- What would old Mr Brennan say?
- Bertiegate & CAB
- Clamping in Dun Laoghaire
- Lamb of God
- ▼ May (53)
- ► 2006 (265)